Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
By Yuval Noah Harari
Read in 6th Grade
Many millennia ago, many human species inhabited various parts of our planet. But today, only our line lives on. How is it that that happened? In this book, Harari explores how we ended up developing things like religion, economy, and bureaucracy. Unfortunately, I don't remember too much because I read it a while back, but I one thing I do remember is that he wrote that it was good when Great Britain invaded India because it advanced Indian culture. I do not agree, because I don't think it is right of one country to invade another simply because they can.
But other than that, this book provides a good, objective explanation of human history. I also liked it because it connected and deepened some things I was learning in 6th Grade Social Studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment